英语权威发布2018年专升本《英语》成人高考模拟题及答案(6)，2018年专升本《英语》成人高考模拟题及答案(6) 1. He was sad and ________ after his wife ran off with another man. A) alone B) lonely C) longing D) along 2. You can go out, _______ you promise to be back before 11 oclock. A)[…]
1. He was sad and ________ after his wife ran off with another man.
A) alone B) lonely C) longing D) along
2. You can go out, _______ you promise to be back before 11 o’clock.
A) as far as B) as soon as C) as long as D) as well as
3. If you don’t know her telephone number, ________ it up in the directory.
A) make B) bring C) look D) put
4. The children were eagerly looking ________ the party.
A) forward to B) down on C) up to D) out for
5. He met with a heavy _______ ; over a thousand pounds was stolen from his shop.
A) robbery B) theft C) loss D) lose
6. One of the most important purposes of the United Nations is to _______ international peace.
A) contain B) obtain C) maintain D) attain
7. The ________ of doctors believe smoking is harmful to health.
A) mainly B) majority C) most D) speciality
8. Near half of the Congress is of lawyers.
A) made out B) made up C) set out D) set up
9. Pay increases will not always make _____ poor working conditions.
A) use of B) up of C) up to D) up for
10. He did everything in a leisurely _____
A) method B) manner C) mind D) mood
11. _____ship has been wrecked on those rocks.
A) Many B) Plenty of C) Many a D) Lots of
12. —I thought you wouldn’t mind.
—well, _______ I don’t. But you should have asked me first.
A) as a matter B) as a fact C) no matter the fact D) as a matter of fact
13. The ________ speed on this road is sixty miles per hour.
A) limited B) restricted C) maximum D) immense
14. Typescript looks best when at least an inch of _______ is left on all four sides of the page.
A) space B) room C) marking D) margin
15. If you think the medicine will do you any good. ________ try it.
A) by all means B) by means of C) by the way D) by no means
16. How do you want the beef— rare, _______, or well done?
A) minimum B) medium C) middle D) minor
17. A person with ________ disorders is one who is ill in mind.
A) manner B) spirit C) metal D) mental
18. —I’m sorry to have troubled you.
—Don’t _________ it.
A) bother B) apologize C) mention D) complain
19. _________ weather is warm and pleasant.
A) Mild B) Middle C) Gentle D) General
20. In judging his achievement we must _______ in mind that he has had no previous experience of this kind of work.
A) bring B) bear C) get D) put
21. —I heard that your wife had been in hospital last week. Is she all right now?
— Thanks. She had just a _____ operation and she’ll be home on Friday.
A) short B) small C) minor D) light
22. When Mrs. Wilson returned from the reception desk, she found her suitcase _________ .
A) missed B) missing C) taken D) disappearing
23. She knows very little French; this often leads to ________ when she visits France.
A) misunderstandings B) mistakes C) misfortunes D) misleadings
24. The workers’ demands are _________ ; they’re asking for only a small increase in their wages.
A) accurate B) excessive C) moderate D) emotional
25. The book was not only amusing, but it also gave a valuable __________ lesson.
A) moral B) model C) gentle D) modern
26. With the help of modern science and technology, man is learning more and more about the ________ universe.
A) strange B) gracious C) numerous D) mysterious
27. You can’t learn anything with a attitude.
A) necessary B) negative C) positive D) creative
28. Switzerland remained _________ during both of the two world wars.
A) neutral B) nuclear C) natural D) mutual
29. I can’t follow your advice, ________, thank you for giving it.
A) In spite B) Although C) However D) Nevertheless
30. Anybody with _______ intelligence would know that the earth is not the centre of the solar system.
A) normal B) formal C) former D) mature
31. My grandmother received _________ gifts on the eightieth birthday.
A) numerous B) plenty C) generous D) enormous
32. John dropped out of college although his parents strongly ________ it.
A) recommended B) committed C) objected D) subjected
33. Since the old man was in such a serious condition, I felt ________ to send him to hospital.
A) essential B) devoted C) responsible D) obliged
34. He has already ________ a passport and a visa for going to the United States.
A) caught B) obtained C) reached D) required
35. It’s my birthday, and we are going to celebrate the ____ by having a few friends in for the evening.
A) moment B) occasion C) period D) instance
36. At her first day in school, the young teacher was deeply ______ by the naughty boys.
A) defended B) offered C) offended D) frightened
37. In headlines the verb “be” is always _____to save space.
A) hidden B) lacked C) lost D) omitted
38. The doctor has _____ on hundreds of wounded soldiers and in most cases he was successful.
A) operated B) processed C) cured D) cut
39. Don’t let slip any ______of practising your English.
A) time B) place C) possibility D) opportunity
40. Bill and Mary never agree to each other; they seem to have ________ ideas about everything.
A) difficult B) opposite C) objective D) subjective
1. B 2. C 3. C 4. A 5. C 6. C 7. B 8. B 9. D 10. B
11. C 12. D 13. C 14. D 15. A 16. B 17. D 18. C 19. A 20. B
21. C 22. B 23. A 24. C 25. A 26. D 27. B 28. A 29. D 30. A
31. A 32. C 33. D 34. B 35. B 36. C 37. D 38. A 39. D 40. B