英语权威发布2018年专升本《英语》成人高考模拟题及答案(9)，2018年专升本《英语》成人高考模拟题及答案(9) I. Vocabulary and Structure 1. ---Do you mind if I sit here? --- ______C_________. A. Not at all. There is plenty of room. B. Of course. Do sit down, please. C. Never mind. Id li[…]
I. Vocabulary and Structure
1. ---Do you mind if I sit here?
A. Not at all. There is plenty of room.
B. Of course. Do sit down, please.
C. Never mind. I’d like to have some companion.
D. Sure. I’d like to have someone to talk to
2. –Why do you always tell me what to do? To be frank, I don’t like it.
--- I know, but ___C_.
A. I don’t like it either.
B. How do I do for you?
C. I just want the best for you.
D. Obviously. You are right.
3. ----That was a delicious dinner.
A. Thank you. Don’t mention it.
B. You’re welcome.
C. Not so delicious, I’m afraid.
D. I’m glad you enjoyed it.
4. --- You are most beautiful in that red sweater.
A. Oh, no. It’s just an old one, and I have had it for years.
B. Yes. I think it goes nicely with my pants.
C. Thank you. My mom knitted it for me some years ago.
D. Oh, but I’m not sure if it suits me.
5. ---I missed Prof. Wang’s linguistics class again yesterday.
B. How nice you are!
C. What a pity!
D. Have a nice weekend.
6. She couldn’t understand his ____C_____ of country life to city life.
A. liking B. reference C. preference D. loving
7. It is ____A__ to walk on the top of the wall.
A. dangerous B. serious C. notorious D. vigorous
8. His parents didn’t consent to his ____A__ with Mary.
A. marriage B. dependence C. reliance D. charge
9. Basic chemical knowledge is a necessary ______B___ for research in any natural science.
A. flat B. foundation C. base D. platform
10. A new ___B___ in one branch of knowledge will probably have great influence on another.
A. average B. discovery C. recovery D. coverage
11. One of the main characters in Shakespeare’s play A Merchant in Venice is the ___C____ Shylock.
A. greasy B. great C. greedy D. greeting
12. The mankind has done many ____A______ things to nature in its course of civilization.
A. destructive B. instructive C. progressive D. sensitive
13. The natural environment ______D__ greatly from place to place.
A. diffracts B. differentiates C. distinguishes D. differs
14. The use of wild animals in circuses was an innovation first introduced in the United States. D
A. a number B. a program C. a musical spectacle D. a new idea
15. Benjamin Franklin was not the first to suggest the relationship between lightning and the electricity, but his experiment with a kite was original. D
A. define B. confirm C. examine D. propose
16. The type and degree of molecular motion of a substance depend on the amount of thermal energy present. D
A. are determined by B. limit C. radiate D. are supported by
17. The young, especially, have no ____A_____ about hot weather.
A. complaint B. irritation C. trouble D. doubt
18. We hear a lot today about the ______C___ of education.
A. inability B. helplessness C. failure D. loss
19. By then radio broadcasts were reaching the ___D_____ of homes in countries all over the world.
A. priority B. superiority C. minority D. majority
20. His illness may result C malnutrition.
A. in B. to C. from D. for
21. The manager will have to hire two people to make up B the lost time.
A. in B. for C. on D. of
22. A key B the back door is always kept on a high ledge above the door.
A. for B. to C. of D. on
23. ______D__ he was worried, he tried to appear calm.
A. Despite B. Unless C. Yet D. Although
24. Some hotel staff speak _____A____ English.
A. little B. small C. few D. scarcely
25. It’s no use ____B____ to get a bargain these days.
A. to expect B. expecting C. looking forward to D. you expect
There are 10 blanks in the following passage(s). For each blank there are five choices marked A, B, C, D and E. Choose the ONE that best fits into the passage(s).
People who speak or perform before the public sometimes may suffer from "Stage Fright". Stage fright makes a person nervous. In that case, it can make one's mind go lank and forget 36B one ought to say, or to act. Actors, musicians, dancers, lawyers, even radio show hosts suffered from stage fright at one time or 37 C .
Diana Nichols is an expert in helping people free from stage fright at a medical center in New York City. She helps actors learn to 38 B themselves. Miss Nichols says some people have always been afraid to perform before the audience. Others, she says, develop stage fright after a(n) tearful experience.
She offers them ways to control the fear. One way is to smile 39 D going onto the stage. Taking two deep breaths also helps. Deep breathing helps you C 40 control of your body.
Miss Nichols persuades her patients to tell themselves that their speech or performance does not have to be 41A . It's all right to make a mistake. She tells them they should not be too nervous while they are performing. It is important that they should continue to perform while she is telling them. After each performance, they discuss what happened and find out what B 42 helped and what did not. As they perform more and more, they will fear less and less as much as 50%. Miss Nichols says the aim is only to reduce stage fright, not to smooth it away 43 C . This is 44 D a little stage fright makes a person more careful, and 45 B the performance.
36. A. when B. what C. how D. whether
37. A. two B. other C. another D. the other
38. A. cure B. control C. hold D. protect
39. A. after B. while C. during D. before
40. A. get B. make C. take D. have
41. A. perfect B. fine C. good D. pleasant
42. A. people B. advice C. words D. measures
43. A. practically B. easily C. completely D. really
44. A. why B. that C. since D. because
45. A. increases B. improves C. hurts D. puts on
III. Reading Comprehension
Many countries face a somewhat more serious economic problem in the form of an unfavorable trade balance with other nations. Such an imbalance exists when the total value of a country’s imports exceeds that of its exports. For example, if a country buys $25 billion of products from other countries, yet sells only $10 billion of its own products overseas, its trade deficit(贸易逆差)is $15 billion. Many underdeveloped nations find themselves in this position because they lack natural resources or the industrial capacity to use these resources, and thus have to import raw materials or manufactured goods.
One effect of a trade deficit is the flow of currency out of a country. In the case of an underdeveloped nation, this can cause many financial difficulties, including failure to meet debt payments and obstacles to creation of an industrial base. Even in the case of a fully developed nation such as the United States, a large trade deficit is a reason for alarm. American products, made by well-paid workers in U.S. industries, cost more to produce than those made in places like Asia, where labor and material costs are much lower. Money spent on foreign products is money not spent on items produced by domestic industries.
46. What does the passage mainly discuss? B
A. Some worldwide economic problems.
B. The cause and consequences of trade deficit.
C. Lack of resources in underdeveloped countries.
D. High labor and material costs in developed countries
47. According to the passage, a trade imbalance occurs when ____B____.
A. a country is facing serious financial problems
B. a country buys more from other countries than it sells overseas
C. the value of a country’s exports is greater than that of its imports
D. products imported are more expensive than those exported
48. Many underdeveloped countries have trade deficits because ___D_____.
A. they failed to meet debt payments
B. they export most of their natural resources to other countries
C. they borrow too much money from other countries
D. they have to import most of their manufactured products
49. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as a possible cause of a trade imbalance? A
A. The flow of currency out of the country.
B. Low labor and material costs in Asian countries.
C. Lack of natural resources.
D. An undeveloped industrial base.
50. It can be inferred from this passage that American industries _____B___.
A. do not pay their workers sufficiently
B. are hurt by a trade imbalance
C. imported labor and material from abroad
D. are able to prevent a trade deficit
IV. Translate the following sentences into Chinese.
1. Man’s knowledge about himself and nature has grown into a variety of sciences.
2. If the American offered dollars in payment for the car, the auto manufacturer would be stuck with money that no small Japanese shop would accept.
3. At the same time we are using up our natural resources—fuels and mineral ores—at an ever-increasing rate with no hope of replacing them.
与此同时，我们正在以不断增长的速度使用我们的天然资源 - 燃料和矿物矿石，而没有希望替代它们。
4. At times, the crews could work only three hours a day because their activities interfered with the running of the subway.
5. What happened yesterday proved him to be a highly competent and efficient secretary.
V. Translate the following sentences into English.
1. 无论你将从事哪一门自然科学的研究，对基本化学知识的了解都是十分必要的。(discipline, pursue)
No matter what discipline you will be pursuing in your career,basic knowledge of chemistry is necessary.
He specializes in import and export trade.
As part of the ecological environment, human’s destruction of the natural environment is tantamount to destroying themselves.
There is traffic jam in front the way , we can only bypasses.
Pride goes before destruction